Aug 25, 2015

Early Attempt at an Electoral Reform Chart

I've been tired of our electoral process provincially and federally in Canada for a long time. I've recently been hyperfocusing on the various options and evaluating the proposed Mixed-Member Proportional system put forward by the NDP, which has found support from all parties except the one in power, the Conservatives (Which is no surprise because who wants to change things if you have power? Or the Liberals who voted against it who used to have power?).  I'll blog more about it in the coming days, but for now here is an early edition of the chart I've made to help show why MMP is superior to other systems (at least for provincial or federal parliamentary elections). Our current "First Past the Post" system is problematic for several reasons and will be the subject of my next post.


No comments:

Post a Comment