Jun 15, 2015

Conference Update


There have been few new blog posts because I've been busy researching and writing for the paper I'll be presenting at the upcoming conference hosted by rethinking hell which is now only days away. I'm very excited to be a part of this gathering of some of the greatest thinkers and authors on the subject alive today. I wanted to share a bit about my paper and how it relates to my posts about hell on this blog.

My paper will be presented during a breakout session this Friday. The paper is titled: Toward a Charitable Epidemic of Amendments: Viral Change and the Hope for Diversity on the Nature of Hell. The write up explains it well: "This paper will examine possible ways and means to promote openness within Christian institutions such as universities, churches, organizations to various views on final judgement." The paper is, in a way, an extension of what I have been doing on this blog.

I have been making a consorted effort to blog as neutrally as I can on all three views and to present them fairly. One of the main goals is for each view to be heard and understood for what it is and not what people perceive it to be. I think one of the best ways to do that is to call out the misinformation and present the truth, or at least a clear alternative perspective. This extends beyond the main three views to the subject as a whole. In fact, most of the posts have not been about the views themselves so much as they have covered subjects such as the gates of hades, the intermediate state, etc. I will be blogging my thoughts about the sessions I attend during the conference as well as sharing some ideas from my own paper as I'm able.

1 comment: