May 12, 2015

My 100th Blog Post


I've been postponing my blogging the last couple of weeks in large part because I knew this milestone was coming and it is finally here: 100 blog posts! Some of these I migrated from my "side project" blog on "the gospel according to Scripture," but for the most part they originated here and have been largely theological. My original intent was to make this blog about all sorts of things I like and think about and my next goal (as far as the blog is concerned) will be to write about whatever I want to write about. The point is to write.

To celebrate my 100th post I thought I would share with you some of my favourite posts along with my 5 most popular posts of all time. If you're new to the blog, you may not realize that I don't just blog about hell. I've also written a lot about the gospel and the age of the earth.

My favourite posts in chronological order:

5 points often missed about what the Gospel is about. An early post that really captured succinctly what I was blogging about for months.

A Christmas card about the gospel. I was really passionate in this post and it was 'off the cuff.'

Genesis isn't teaching modern science. This post is a must read for Christians debating Genesis 'vs' Science. Just....stop.

Is creation out of nothing a doctrine ex-nihilo? Ditto.

FEAR and the church Probably my all-time favourite.

Is hell the primary motive for Christian mission? Forgot I wrote this post (I was writing a lot at the time) until Jon Coutts posted his index of my posts and I reread it. It may be the best thing I've written (IMHO).

5 most popular posts countdown!

5. How the world views Jesus. A very provoking and heart wrenching reality.

4. Comparing the 3 views: The Hell Triangle. A good basic comparison of the 3 views.

3. An atheist's view on life? Honestly not a great post. It was just the last one before a hiatus

2. RIP Sarah Jones. A post honouring a worker in the film industry I never met.

1. No one goes to hell immediately to hell when they die. Glad this is number one. An important shift needs to be made about how Christians perceive death and judgement. This post is a good example of that.

Amendment: The actual number one post is far and away "A sermon on the gospel." I checked my traffic records from the blog I migrated those posts from. Unfortunately the link for the audio is dead, but I still have my notes if anyone wants me to come preach it at their church. :) One of my favourites, "A christmas card," is also tied with "RIP Sarah Jones." 

No comments:

Post a Comment