Aug 1, 2013

2 Revised Definitions

It's been awhile since I posted, but I was asked to preach a sermon on the gospel and have done some rethinking on how I articulate my definition. This resulted in the revision of my medium and short versions of the gospel. I have written about the gospel being the story of Jesus and yet my definitions have read like bullet points. The rewriting of the medium definition reflects a move into the direction of telling a story. The short version has minor changes, but is more rhythmic and sounds like a proclamation rather than a dictionary. Here they are:

Short definition:
King Jesus is Lord. He saves and will judge.
Medium definition
The Story of Jesus: Israel's King died on a cross to defeat sin, death, and evil. He was raised from the dead to become Lord over everything (According to the Scriptures). He saves and will return to judge.
Here are links to my previous definitions: Short and Medium

No comments:

Post a Comment